Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Coming Home

So we have found that there is a limit to the tears you can cry. Right now they are pretty well dried up. We went back and asked for another referral, even if it was a boy or a different age, or whatever, and the lady said the only children they were allowed to refer had severe health problems such as down syndrome and paralysis. All other children are to be reserved for Russian citizens to adopt. She felt very sorry for us, especially when my tears started to flow. It was so disheartening to come to such a sudden roadblock after everything had been moving along so smoothly. Before we left she said that she would send us a new healthy referral if policy changed or in the summer. Our agent explained that maybe in the summer she could because that was when her boss would be on vacation and she could slip it in!

After our meeting with her, we hurried and changed our travel plans, so that we could leave in the morning. I can't wait to hold my little ones in my arms!

I don't know why God has had us go through this experience. I do know that it was His plan for us to be here. I just have to trust that He knows what He is doing and that it will all work out for the best. My apologies to all of you who have followed us on this journey. Nobody likes a sad ending. Hopefully this is a story that just has one of those annoying To Be Continued... parts to it.
Our love to all of you.

1 comment:

Skeeutopia said...

My deepest sympathies to you guys, really. It sounds so heart-wrenching and I'm not even close to living it. I hope you know that all your effort can do nothing but build you and your family up in the end. Nothing goes unnoticed by our Heavenly Father. You guys are really something else for getting this far. I hope you can find solace in knowing that you did your best and that we are all here to welcome you home with support and love.