Our agent told me today that it would probably be 2-3 weeks before our dossier will fly across the great divide. :(
Our agency is very experienced in the region we are adopting from; however, about a year and a half ago Russia stopped renewing all the adoption agencies accreditation. Basically that meant that hardly anybody could adopt from Russia. Our agency's accreditation was one of the first to come through around Thanksgiving 2007. This was perfect timing for us, as we had just finished our homestudy. So we hurried to get the rest of the dossier completed. Apparently we will be one of the first ones to go with the new accreditation, so there are a few rings to jump through.
Today I was playing with Alex and decided to practice some of my Russian on him. He loved it! He started laughing everytime I said a few words. Now that I think about it, that could be a commentary on my pronunciation! :) By the way, the pronunciation for "I love you" in Russian is "yah lyou-BLYOU te-BYAH."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So cute!! We're really excited for you and love to read the updates on your progress!
Post a Comment