Okay, I'm sure those of you I haven't spoken with have been waiting with baited breath (ha, ha!), but here is what has been going on with us. Just over a week ago, my friend Kamber forwarded us an email from the adoption agency they had used last year. The email was a dream come true! Her agency had a 3 1/2 year old girl in Moscow available for adoption right now for a family that is paper-ready! Paper-ready means that you have all the documents you need to proceed with an international adoption. We are definitely paper-ready, but what we weren't quite ready for was the fact that she is part of a sibling group. She has a 2 year old brother! They were looking for a family that could keep the two of them together.
Needless to say, this past week has been so chuck full of discussions, introspection, and of course prayer, prayer and more prayer. It is truly amazing how your body keeps doing things while your brain is not focusing on the task at hand at all. In fact, I will probably be finding items in odd places for quite some time, like keys in the fridge for example. :)
Well, to make a long story short, a few days ago we got an undeniable answer to all our prayers, and we decided to move forward! We have jumped ship to the new adoption agency, Lighthouse Adoptions, and we have even been able to get some of our money back from our old agency.
We are very excited to be moving forward! The logistics overwhelm me when I think about having 5 children, not to mention, 5 children under the age of 8. However, we are so excited to meet them, and we now pray that everything will go smoothly this time around.
The last few days have been a whirlwind getting a new dossier together that meets this region's specs. They want us to travel as soon as possible. We are handing over our dossier tomorrow, and then it should be about 2 weeks till we have a travel date. They are guessing we will go the first full week of May! The nice thing is that these children are right in Moscow, rather than Siberia, so there will be less travel.
It looks like we are going to have to change the name of our blog!
Lots of love to all of you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
So you really are going for it?!?!! Awesome. You really have such open hearts and minds to be bringing TWO children into your family. You will be so blessed for your generosity, I'm sure of it. There is so much to adjust to with these changes, so if you EVER need a helping hand, please just send your needs my way and I will do all I can to help.
We can't be more excited for you! Lighthouse sure is a beacon of hope when going through a storm. Welcome aboard!
That is so exciting. We will keep your family in our prayers. If you need help don't hesitate to ask.
THRILLED for you!!! We'll be praying that everything goes smoothly from this point forward.
Hello,
I have popped in from time to time. I am so happy to hear your news. I will be following your journey closely. Congratulations.
Joy
Awesome news, we are so very thrilled for you and will be following along. It will be nice to cut out a leg of flying!!
Take care and best of luck!!
Roger, Dawn and Brayden
My husband and I were reading your blog as we are just beginning the process of adopting from Russia. We were curious if you would be able to tell us the name of the adoption agency you are no longer using as we would want to be certain to avoid them. Much thanks and we hope you have much success with your adoption.
Joanne and Roger
Scottsdale, AZ
WOW!!! Good job!! I hope everything works out just the way you want it to. I am a faithful blog checker, :) And have been very excited to hear your news! We couldn't be happier for you! You're adding that much more happiness and sweet little fingers and toes to your family! I love it!
I am just visiting as you left a remark on my blog. Wow! What good, amazing, exciting, tremendous news! I'll be watching! :)
Post a Comment