Well, after a fun-filled whirlwind trip to Utah for the holidays, we are back and I just got an update from our agent. She said her best estimate for our first trip to Russia would be the first part of March! That would put our second and final trip around April/May! That is sooner than we were expecting, so we are very excited! Of course, that is all assuming things go smoothly--which is somewhat rare in international adoption. :)
Last night Emma prayed that her new sister could sleep well and have fun tomorrow. It made me realize how unreal the adoption is to me still. I pray for her as well every day, but I think it will continue to be difficult to envision it all until we get the referral and have a name and hopefully a photo.Meanwhile this good news has motivated Jeff and I to find the time to work on our New Year's resolution to learn some Russian. We have been using Pimmsleur Russian CDs from the library. I listen on the ipod while I run, and Jeff listens in the car during his commute. So far they have been fabulous! So if you see people jogging along talking to themselves in a strange language, or people in their cars repeating "I would like something to eat." in Russian over and over, they might just be getting ready for an adoption. :)
Best wishes for 2008!

No comments:
Post a Comment